in vermontbusiness peer exchange
The Business Peer Exchange (BPE) is our organizational development and training program for Vermont business leaders looking to create and sustain inclusive and equitable workplaces.
BPE is for your workplace if you…
- work for or own a company located in Vermont.
- have signed the Vermont Equal Pay Compact and want to take the next step.
- are looking for tools to enhance recruiting, hiring, promotion and culture.
- want to make your organization more attractive to potential employees.
- are curious about how gender diversity (or lack thereof) impacts your workplace culture + bottom line.
What You’ll Get By Participating
6 Monthly Exchanges
These exchanges are designed to deepen learning and support best practices. You will create an internal team, outline your Gender Equity Work Plan, and share resources and create accountability with peers and colleagues. Topics include:
- Building the case for why a gender diverse workforce improves EVERYTHING, including pathways to promotion, employee engagement, culture, and the bottom line.
- Building an internal gender equity team to turn your goals into action.
- Addressing implicit bias in the workplace.
- Applying an intersectional lens and fostering a culture of inclusion.
- Engaging men as gender equity leaders, allies and sponsors; ensuring shared responsibility in meeting diversity goals.
- Building networks, rock solid job descriptions and interviews.
- Cultivating a respectful workplace: responding to everyday sexism and preventing sexual harassment.
- Aligning compensation with organizational values and eliminating pay inequity.
- Creating inclusive messaging: what’s on your website? On your walls?
- Fostering family-friendly workplaces.
- Connecting women to work at all ages and stages – and in all roles.
Each organization is welcome to bring up to 3 people to these meetings (your GE Team). We ask that team members remain consistent throughout the program.
Access to our signature online course – genclusive@work
You will receive 3 complimentary logins for your team to amplify learning.
You have the ability to purchase additional seats in the course at our discounted member price.
2 larger meetings to include your team & leaders
With presentations by content experts and networking opportunities. You may invite up to 8 people. These meetings are designed to amplify team influence back at work.
Individualized recommendations on how to establish an internal team
To work collaboratively on your project/goals and expand BPE content and experience in your organization. Having this team is a requirement for participation.
Support in creating a Gender Equity Work Plan
Tailored to your organization’s context and needs. You will receive personalized guidance from facilitators to outline a project (or projects!) and goals as they relate to your plan. Examples of projects are below.
Discounted rate on consulting
To get the most out of your experience.
Visibility of your efforts & achievements
Through Change The Story VT’s network. Exposure on social media channels, spotlights in CTS e-news and opportunities for mentions in print media and published content.
BPE Member Projects Have Included:
Creating a gender equity speaker / conversation series
Increasing the number of women in leadership and positions traditionally held by men.
Creating opportunities for men to engage in gender equity conversations.
Tackling a compensation review and/or revisiting your compensation philosophy.
Implementing a young women’s leadership program.
Enhancing benefits that support a human-friendly workforce.
Writing inclusive job descriptions.
Training marketing & social media team on gender bias.
Increasing diversity of applicant pool.
Engaging board and leadership in DEI initiatives.
Establishing use of gender pronouns and understanding its importance.
Changing internal messaging to be inclusive of all genders.
“I am preparing and thinking about all of my day to day conversations in a different lens, I am trying to integrate pieces of our discussion into conversations so others can be aware too.”
Ariana Wammer, HR Business Partner, Burton Snowboards
BPE Members Have Included:
Stay in touch!